Friday, 28 October 2011

The Nut and Muesli Diet

Obviously my so-called diet plan was not working. And I have 4 months to go!! I think I just grew a new chin!! Oh dear god!! So this is my NEW diet plan and I am so gonna stick to this.After loads of research, I came to find this really fun diet and the best part is, I LOVE the food they ask me to eat.

First things first. On 1st of November 2011 gotta wait for pay-day.Diet food is more expensive ,I will start my DIET...will be starting with a ONE-WEEK ONLY Detox diet.Just to get rid of all the toxin in my body. On this diet I shall eat nothing other than Fruits and Vegetables (steamed). And obviously drink loads of water (2 Litres) a day. And my number 1 no-no for me is SNACKING (it's gonna be so hard) and of course no sugary food.

Then week 2, I shall move on to the 7-DAY Nut and Muesli Diet. Yummy!!! Look at me...diet food also yummy!!Anyway, the Nut and Muesli diet plan is stated as below. Hope this will work.Wish me luck. 

Day 1

Breakfast: 
Large bowl of muesli

Lunch: 
Wholemeal pitta filled with houmous and mixed salad, 1 large peach.

Mid-afternoon snack: 
50g (2oz) unsalted peanuts

Dinner: 
Stir-fry of mixed vegetables and chicken breast, served with rice noodles and a salad of grated raw carrot and chunks of fresh melon sprinkled with a few chopped fresh mint leaves

Evening snack: 
Small bunch of grapes

Day 2

Breakfast: 
2 slices wholemeal toast, 1 spread with 2 tsp peanut butter, the other with a banana

Mid-morning snack: 
Mixture of dried ready-to-eat prunes and apricots

Lunch: 
Large bowl of muesli

Dinner: 
Fillets of plaice pan-fried in a little olive oil and a small knob of butter with any green vegetable, boiled potatoes and tomato and onion salad. For dessert, make a kiwi and mango smoothie. Put chopped peeled mango and kiwi into a blender, add 2 tbsp of thick Greek yoghurt and half a pint of soya milk then whizz till smooth.


Day 3

Breakfast:
Large bowl of muesli 

Lunch:
Ham or cheese and raisin sandwich. Spread a thick slice of raisin bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter, add a slice of lean ham or cheese, top with another slice of raisin bread. Small punnet of strawberries.

Mid-afternoon snack:
Any fresh fruit with a carton of low-fat bio yoghurt. 

Dinner:
Pasta with tuna fish and spring onions. While pasta is cooking according to the packet instructions, put 4 chopped spring onions in a pan with a little olive oil and sweat gently until soft. Drain a can of tuna, flake into pan and continue cooking till warmed through. When pasta is ready and drained, serve in individual bowls adding tuna and onions mixture. You should also eat a large mixed salad drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkled with sunflower seeds. Any low-fat bio or fruit yoghurt 


Day 4

Breakfast: 
2 poached eggs, a poached tomato, 2 slices wholemeal bread thinly spread with butter

Mid-morning snack: 
Small pack of mixed nuts and raisins

Lunch:
A large bowl of muesli 

Dinner: 
Chicken with thyme and lemon (recipe included), packet rice, a peach and a ripe pear


Day 5

Breakfast:
Half a grapefruit, peanut butter and banana smoothie. To make this, place 200ml semi-skimmed milk, 1 banana and 2tbsp peanut butter in a blender and whizz till smooth

Mid-morning snack:
Glass of orange juice and an apple

Lunch: 
Large bowl of muesli

Dinner:
Pitta bread pizza (for recipe, read on), a large bowl of chopped raw vegetables with a tsatsiki dip (yoghurt, mint, garlic and chopped cucumber), selection of dried ready-to-eat apricots, dates and walnuts.

Day 6

Breakfast:
Large bowl of muesli

Lunch:
Large bowl of vegetable soup, an open sandwich of a thick slice wholemeal bread, 2 thin slices Edam cheese and 1 sliced tomato. 

Mid-afternoon snack:
Small bag of unsalted peanuts

Dinner: 
Grilled tuna steak with new potatoes, mushrooms and green beans, a green salad dressed with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice dressing. Small punnet strawberries.

Day 7

Breakfast:
Half a grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, 1 thick slice wholemeal toast thinly spread with butter

Mid-morning snack:
Small packet of mixed nuts and raisins

Lunch:
Large bowl of muesli.

Dinner:
Chicken kebab (grilled skewers of alternate cubed chicken breast, red and green peppers, red onion and button mushrooms with satay sauce (for recipe, read on), boiled rice and green salad


Hope I survive the diet. Come on Tas...it's only for 7 days!! On top of this diet, I have promised myself to exercise. And I found a website where the fitness workout can be done in your room within your own privacy! No need to sign up for gym's nor go out-door. I mean come on!! The rainy season is putting me off my so-called jogging schedule.This website can be found on my blog page under my Blog Roll - Sarah Fit. Here we go!!!



5 comments:

  1. Also newbie.
    Already link and follow your blog. :-)

    mine,
    http://sotheliliwedsthebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hie Miss Ika....Thank you!! Hope you enjoy reading mine...Good Luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Tas Im so happy to have read ur blog! So cute lah ur writing! hehhe BTW, good luck with ur diet regime. When there's a will there's way, but make sure that not TOO MANY WHEAT gets involved! if u know what I mean *wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha TQ Aunty Aniq!! Hope my english has no grammar errors,Cikgu!!! Malu la nanti!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks!
    my web site - meratol

    ReplyDelete